Monday 14 May 2012

Jesus is the only way

The following is an excerpt from Dr. Rawlings‘ book - To Hell and Back

I was giving CPR to a patient when the following incident occurred. I inserted a pacemaker through the shoulder and guided it through the vain into Charlie’s heart.

His heart stopped so I began to pound on the his heart, but as I did blood spurted out,
I stopped to adjust the pacemaker. And as I did, Charlie’s eyes would roll back in his head, he would sputter, turn blue, and convulse. This happened several times.

Once while I was stopped to adjust the pacemaker Charlie screamed, ‘Don’t stop, don’t stop, I’m in Hell, I’m in Hell.’ Hallucinations, I thought at first, but most victims say, ‘Take your big hands off me, your breaking my ribs,’ but he was saying the opposite ‘For Gods sake don’t stop! Don’t you understand, every time you stop I’m in Hell.”

When he asked me to pray for him I felt downright insulted. I told him to shut up, I’m a doctor, not a minister or a psychiatrist. Then the nurse gave me that expectant look. What would you do?

That’s when I composed a make believe prayer. I made him repeat the prayer to keep him off my back. Say it!

Jesus Christ son of God, Keep me out of Hell.

And a very strange thing took place. He was no longer that wild-eyed screaming lunatic. It was then that I too became a Christian.

No comments:

Post a Comment